STRESS MANAGEMENT – I DAY COURSE
This training will look at the significant impact of stress on our personal and work life.
How to identify and manage stress
Maintaining and improving wellbeing……
We will focus on team working and at what can we do to identify and better manage stress within the workplace and our personal space. We will look at how this ties into our WRAP programmes in both our personal and work lives
-The first steps to managing stress
-Self-Assessment Stress Questionnaire and Evaluation
- The Causes of Stress:-
- Physical Reactions
- Psychological Reactions
- Alarm Signals
- Thinking Errors
- Maintaining wellbeing
- Improving wellbeing
- Work Stress Questionnaire and Evaluation
- What is a team?
- Effective Teams Top 10 Dimensions (Aston)
- The stages of Team Development – (Tuckman)
- Reducing Organisational Stress
- Making a Plan of Action
CONFLICT RESOLUTION – 1 DAY COURSE
- Managing Conflict
- What is conflict?
- Why does it arise?
- Managing perceptions
- Managing language
Understanding the Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Model
- Competitive – Tend toward a competitive style. Take a firm stand, know what they want.
- Operate from a position of power, expertise or persuasive ability.
- Collaborative – Tend towards a collaborative style to meet the needs of all people involved.
- Can be highly assertive but cooperates and acknowledges everyone is important.
- Compromising – Preference is to find a solution to at least partially please everyone.
- Everyone is expected to give up something.
- Accommodating – Willing to meet the needs of others at the expense of their own needs.
- Knows when to give in. Can be persuaded to surrender a position.
- Avoiding – Tend towards evading conflict entirely. Delegates controversial decisions.
- Accepts default positions not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings.
Dealing effectively with conflict and difficult situations
By the end of the session participants will have considered:
- The evidence base specific to education and personal experiences of the group
- Common reasons for conflict developing and the key indicators
- The influence of values and attitudes on the conflict scenario
- How effective responses can increase the likelihood of positive outcomes
- Escalations and responses, communication styles, strategies for containment, environment, and de-escalation.
- The application of an organisational policy/operational guidance on ‘personal safety’.
RESILIENCE TRAINING – I DAY COURSE
Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from setbacks, challenges, adversity and pressures. Resilient people stay focused even when things seem tough and circumstances aren’t changing. Some people are naturally resilient by nature, however for those who haven’t been blessed with this natural ability research supports that anyone can improve their resilience through effective training and development.
Developing Personal Resilience is appropriate for everyone within an organisation, whether a member of staff, a new manager, experienced manager or a top executive, enhancing your understanding of what resilience is and how you can embrace and use it is an asset no matter what your position.
Understanding Resilience, Pressure, Stress
- Resilience v Resistance
- Essential boundaries to increase resilience
- What are your own levels of resilience
- Review of the basic skills of resilience
- Self-disclosure – when is this appropriate
- Responses v Influence
- Adverse v Embrace
- Positive Responses
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Transparency v cover-up
- What is Empathy
- Why this is the basis for good communication
- Essential Empathy skills
- Viewing problems How perspectives impact on the assessment of problems
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Applying a “can do” attitude
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses
- The importance of confidence, self-belief and self-esteem
- Appreciating others behaviours and your responses
- Self-Control Assessment
Building a Resilience Action Plan
- The creation of a plan that incorporates the learning and development from this course, that is specific to each individual delegate who attends the course
MINDFULNESS – I DAY COURSE
Mindfulness leads to a higher level of cognitive ability, such as improved reaction times, working memory functioning and decision making. This training looks at the concept of Mindfulness and helps delegates to explore this concept and to integrate this into their daily routine to improve overall wellbeing.
An All-Party Parliamentary Group published a report in 2015 titled “Mindful Nation UK”, this research underpinned the key role that Mindfulness can play in our demanding schedules.
Mindfulness training has increasingly become an integral feature of National and International organisations where this is seen as a highly beneficial for improving employee’s levels of concentration, performance, productivity and wellbeing.
Mindfulness is the practice of living in the present that enables us to use both our psychological and creative potential to be aware of the here and now in a manner that is patient and permitting. This heightened perception of awareness can become the catalyst for a healthier way of living, working and relating to circumstances, change and people.
The key benefits for practising mindfulness include a significant improvement in the ability to focus on one thing at a time, heightened concentration levels with greater attention to detail; research has also shown that this can offer greater personal and interpersonal effectiveness, with an increased ability to survive and thrive those pressures and stressors of living in society today, all the while maintaining a sense of inner calm and balance when facing negative situations.
Independent research clearly indicates that the benefits of mindfulness for businesses are very similar to wellbeing training, which we deliver through our WRAP® training programme, these include:-
- Reduction in staff absenteeism caused by illness, injury, stress
- Improved cognitive functionality, this can include better concentration, retention levels,
- learning ability and creative thinking
- Increased performance and productivity equals improved profitability and employee wellbeing
- Reduction in presenteeism levels
- Reduction in employee/management conflict
- Reduction in staff turnover and associated costs
- Enhanced employer/employee and client relationships
- A visible and tangible corporate responsibility improving staff morale and confidence
- Enhanced employee job satisfaction and retention
This one day course will focus on improving delegates understanding and appreciation of the power of mindfulness; these mindfulness-based tools will significantly improve their ability to look at life from a different perspective, empowering them to approach both work and family life with a greater sense of understanding and an appreciation of other people’s experiences and opinions. We will focus on assisting to achieve the following outcomes:-
- Improved ability to manage stress and stressful situations
- Experience a sense of calm and wellbeing
- Being task-oriented -focusing specifically on each individual task
- Managing emotions and disengaging negative thoughts
- Taking a more creative approach to seeking out alternative solutions
- Improved listen and empathy skills
- Applying a more relaxed approach
- Appreciating the present moment
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Improvements in personal and professional relationships
- Increased levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Heightened levels of self-awareness and awareness of others
WRAP is also a powerful tool to aid in the complex management and care of people who are currently off or who are returning to work after an extended period of leave due to anxiety, stress or depression. This method of recovery management has been used by many organisations across three continents.
Our facilitators are able to deliver tailored services to help you better understand how stress can impact your life and how we can help you better understand how to be aware and honest with yourself when you first become conscious of your symptoms and empower you to put specific techniques into place to control and overcome stress, improve resilience and mindfulness and reduce conflict.
The majority of our bespoke sessions are specifically designed to meet the needs of the organisation we are working with and are based on the most up to date research and development analysis.
BENEFITS AND OUTCOMES
- Improved emotional resilience
- Increased levels of morale & confidence
- Increased levels of trust & self-esteem
- Equality, Inclusion & Respect
- Reduction in absenteeism & associated costs
- Reduction in presenteeism levels & associated issues, accidents, mistakes, conflict…
- Increased levels of engagement & accountability
- Improved behaviour and attitudes
- Improved levels of performance and productivity = greater levels of profitability
- Improved participation levels in school, work, social groups and local communities
- Reduced anti-social behaviour within schools, businesses and communities
- Higher levels of confidence, resilience and affirmation
- Improved ability to manage stress and stressful situations
- Encourages ambition, builds potential and self-worth
- Reduction in need to self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Improving mental wellbeing self –awareness and the awareness levels of others
- Reducing stigma and misperceptions
- Reduction in crime within local communities
- Challenge racial, discrimination and sectarian behaviour
- Greater respect for individuals and their wider community
- Increased optimism and perseverance
- Reduced dependency on drugs and alcohol